Health Tip: Warning Signs of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Health Tip: Warning Signs of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

(HealthDay News) -- Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless gas produced by many heat-making devices, such as boilers and stoves. If these devices are improperly vented, carbon monoxide poisoning can be fatal.

The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission says common initial warning signs of carbon monoxide poisoning include:

  • Having a headache.

  • Feeling tired.

  • Feeling shortness of breath.

  • Having nausea.

  • Feeling dizzy.

  • Having flu-like symptoms without a fever.

If you have these symptoms with no apparent cause, evacuate the premises immediately and seek immediate medical attention.

 
Today's Interactive Tools
Related Items

Bayhealth is Southern Delaware’s healthcare leader with hospitals in Dover and in Milford. Bayhealth provides a wide range of medical services, including cardiovascular, cancer, orthopaedics and rehabilitation, pediatrics, respiratory care, sleep care, surgical weight loss, women’s services and walk-in medical care. Search for nursing jobs, and health classes and events. Find doctors affiliated with Bayhealth Medical Center or a Delaware hospital near you.