(HealthDay News) -- Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless gas produced by many heat-making devices, such as boilers and stoves. If these devices are improperly vented, carbon monoxide poisoning can be fatal.
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission says common initial warning signs of carbon monoxide poisoning include:
Having a headache.
Feeling shortness of breath.
Having flu-like symptoms without a fever.
If you have these symptoms with no apparent cause, evacuate the premises immediately and seek immediate medical attention.