Summary and Acknowledgement of Notice of Privacy Practices
The Notice of Privacy Practices describes how Bayhealth Medical Center and its agencies may use and disclose information about you that we have collected. It also explains how you can get access to this information. Please review it carefully.
If you have any questions about this Notice or to obtain a copy of this notice, please contact our Privacy Officer at (302)744-6728.
“Protected Health Information” is:
- Information about you that may identify you and
- Relates to your past, present or future physical or mental health or condition and
- Health care services related to your health or condition
- Or payment for your healthcare services.
Examples of Protected Health Information (PHI) may include:
- Your name, address, telephone number and date of birth,
- Your diagnosis (the condition for which you are receiving treatment),
- Your treatment plan and goals,
- Your progress toward those goals.
This Notice of Privacy Practices describes how we may use and disclose (give to others) your PHI. We may use it to carry out treatment, payment or health care operations. We may also use it for other purposes that are permitted or required by law. This notice also describes your rights to see and control your PHI.
We are required to do what we say we will do in the Notice of Privacy Practices. We may change our Notice at any time. The new Notice will cover all PHI that we keep at the time of the new Notice. If you ask, we will give you a new Notice of Privacy Practices. You can also call our Privacy Officer at (302)744-6728 and request a copy to be sent to you by mail.
Please Click Here to View the Notice of Privacy Practices.