Bayhealth is one of 140 hospitals and medical centers around the world to partner with Planetree.
Planetree is a non-profit organization that helps patients, families and staff members deliver care from the patient’s perspective. Since 2005, Bayhealth has been incorporating Planetree’s patient-focused model of care, centered around a holistic approach to healing in all dimensions – "The mind, body and spirit."
Some Planetree components Bayhealth has introduced that are conducive to healing include 24-hour patient directed visitation, pet assisted visitation and aromatherapy.
The goal of the Planetree model of healing is to incorporate the following core beliefs into our care model:
- Healing Arts: Nutrition for the Soul
- Spirituality: The Importance of Inner Resources
- The Importance of the Human Touch
- Complementary Therapies: Expanding Patient Choices
- Healthy Communities: Expanding the Boundaries of Healthcare
- Human Interactions
- The Importance of Family, Friends and Social Support
- Empowering Patients through Information and Education
- Architectural Design Conducive to Health and Healing
- The Importance of the Nutritional and Nurturing Aspects of Food