(HealthDay News) -- Pesticides are commonly used at homes, farms, gardens, parks and schools, and can be toxic if consumed.
The American Academy of Pediatrics offers these suggestions to help reduce a child's exposure to pesticides:
Limit serving foods that have been treated with pesticides during farming.
Carefully wash all vegetables and fruits before a family member eats them.
Control insects and weeds at home using non-chemical means.
Store all pesticides and herbicides out of your child's reach.
Avoid frequent spraying with insecticide of your home.