Starting August 4, 2014, Bayhealth Kent General will have a new process for visiting patients between the hours of 9:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m.
Family and loved ones are important for the comfort, healing and recovery of all patients. Our 24-hour patient visitation policy gives all visitors full visitation rights. However, we may at times need to limit visits in order to meet the specific health and rest needs of a given patient.
Follow these steps for a quick and easy check-in:
1. If you enter the hospital through the emergency department on Governors Ave., please check in at the public safety desk.
2. If you enter through the parking garage or main State Street entrance, please check in at the information desk.
3. A public safety officer will verify your identity, enter your name in the visitor log, and give you a nametag that you must wear while in the Hospital.
a. Blue nametags will be used for those visiting the emergency department.
b. Red nametags will be used for those visiting the inpatient units.
4. Please apply your nametag to the upper-left chest area of your shirt or blouse.
5. You will receive the “Family Practice Guidelines” card to review.
6. Please note that the Discharge Entrance will be closed after 9:00 p.m.
Patients must approve all visitors. Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times while on Bayhealth property. Please do not visit other patient units.
During your visit, please keep in mind that rest and quiet help patients heal. Please follow hospital rules about quiet times and shared rooms.
Help us keep our patients safe: Only visit patients if you are feeling well. If you are sick, please come back when you are feeling better.
If you have questions about visiting a patient at Bayhealth Kent General, please call 302-674-4700.