Register Online | Complete Application
Bayhealth is implementing a new comprehensive vendor compliance program to improve safety to our staff, visitors, volunteers, and vendors. Additionally, to reduce overall liability, our vendor compliance program will help us manage mandatory and complex regulatory compliance requirements. There are many reasons why we are implementing our program, for example:
- Joint Commission audits of vendor access policies and immunization documentation
- Position Statement by the American College of Surgeons (ACS)
- Position Statement by the Association of periOperative Registered Nurses (AORN)
- Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC)
- Government Watch Lists- Excluded Parties List Service (EPLS)
- Internal initiative to manage supplier and supplier representative credentialing information.
Bayhealth is utilizing Vendor Credentialing Service (Symplr) to help meet our compliance goals. All vendors must register with Symplr immediately, therefore providing visibility to all of our suppliers and their representatives. Non-compliant vendors registering will not be added to our supplier database and potentially impacting their ability to make and/or attend appointments or cases at any Bayhealth Facility.
Registration requires a nominal annual fee. Once you are registered your Symplr membership and badge can be used at all Symplr associated facilities nationwide. You will only have to submit your credentialing documents one time and not to each Symplr associated facility. Email alerts are sent to you before any credential expires. Additionally, you can access your documents from any internet connected computer which alleviates the need to physically carry them and routinely monitor their expiration dates.