Outpatient Occupational Therapy
Occupational therapists at Bayhealth provide patients with skills and treatment to improve activities of daily living (ADL). Occupational therapy treatment may be needed after an injury, surgery or stroke or also for disease management, aging, birth defects or developmental issues.
Occupational therapy services are available for both children and adults in Dover and Milford. The specialized inpatient and outpatient occupational rehabilitation team is focused on assessing physical and cognitive dysfunction and implementing a treatment plan to improve functional abilities to improve your quality of living at home or work.
Focus on Improving Function
Our expert occupational therapists have special training for adult, pediatric and geriatric therapy treatments and are able to treat a range of orthopedic, neurological or illnesses for improvements to form and function. Our occupational therapists offer specialized assistance with the following:
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Coordination training
- Exercises to increase motion and/or strength
- Handwriting and fine motor instruction
- Head trauma recovery
- Instruction in the use of adaptive equipment
- Neuromuscular diseases
- Return to work programs
- Sensory integration techniques
- Stroke recovery
- Training in activities of daily living such as dressing, bathing or grooming
- Transfer training to help patients get into and out of bed, bathtub, toilet, chair, etc.
- Workplace Ergonomic Analysis