Board-certified Surgeons are Experts at Bariatric Surgery
Weight loss surgery is a life-changing procedure for patients who have been battling long-term weight problems and weight-related health conditions.
Our weight loss surgeons—Dr. Thomas P. Barnett, Dr. Rahul Singh and Dr. Assar A. Rather—are board-certified and fellowship trained, with advanced training and expertise in:
- Bariatric weight loss surgery, including gastric bypass, gastric sleeve, revisional bariatric surgery and the Lap Band® system
- Minimally invasive laparoscopic procedures, which offer minimal pain and scarring, as well as shortened recovery time
- Robotic surgery
Bayhealth Bariatric Program surgeons are members of professional organizations such as:
- American College of Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- American Society for Metabolic Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS)
- American Society of Colorectal Surgeons
- Medical Society of Delaware
- Society of Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons
Multidisciplinary Team Approach with Individualized Support and Care
At Bayhealth, we recognize that optimal outcomes from weight loss surgery rely on support not just during surgery, but before and after a surgical procedure. Patients are more likely to be successful with long term weight loss efforts when they receive one-on-one attention. This type of unparalleled support follows patients from the very start of their journey through surgery and beyond.
Our team includes a team of clinical specialists:
- Registered Dietitian Crystal Bouchard helps patients change their lives through a new understanding of how they fuel their bodies. Crystal is a member of the Dietetic Practice Group for Weight Management and is Serve Safe Certified.
- Nurse Practitioner, Adrianne Fisher, FNP, B-C. is a member of the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners and the Association of Critical Care Nurses. Ms. Fisher is a Certified Critical Care Nurse.
- Physician Assistant Nicole A. Fisher is certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physicians Assistants and is a member of the American Academy of Physician Assistants and the Delaware Association of Physician Assistants.
- Bariatric Program Coordinator Patty Deer helps patients navigate through the surgical process. Patty is a Certified Registered Operating Room Nurse, Certified Bariatric Nurse, Associate Member of the American Society for Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery and member of AORN (Association of periOperative Registered Nurses).