Board-certified Surgeons are Experts at Bariatric Surgery
Weight loss surgery is a life-changing procedure for patients who have been battling long-term weight problems and weight-related health conditions.
Our weight loss surgeons have advanced training and expertise in:
· Bariatric weight loss surgery, including gastric bypass, gastric sleeve, revisional bariatric surgery and the Lap Band® system
· Minimally invasive laparoscopic procedures, which offer minimal pain and scarring, as well as shortened recovery time
· Robotic surgery
- Board Certified in surgery and is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons.
- Member of the American Society for Metabolic Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS) and the Medical Society of Delaware
- Board Certified in general surgery who specializes in minimally invasive surgery and is fellowship trained in bariatric surgery.
- Member of the American Society for Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery and an Associate Fellow, American College of Surgeons.
Multidisciplinary Team Approach with Individualized Support and Care
At Bayhealth, we recognize that optimal outcomes from weight loss surgery rely on support not just during surgery, but before and after a surgical procedure. Patients are more likely to be successful with long term weight loss efforts when they receive one-on-one attention. This type of unparalleled support follows patients from the very start of their journey through surgery and beyond.
Our team includes a team of clinical specialists:
- Registered Dietitian Crystal Bouchard helps patients change their lives through a new understanding of how they fuel their bodies. Crystal is a member of the Dietetic Practice Group for Weight Management and is Serve Safe Certified.
- Physician Assistant Nicole A. Fisher is certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physicians Assistants and is a member of the American Academy of Physician Assistants and the Delaware Association of Physician Assistants.
- Bariatric Program Coordinator Patty Deer helps patients navigate through the surgical process. Patty is a Certified Registered Operating Room Nurse, Certified Bariatric Nurse, Associate Member of the American Society for Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery and member of AORN (Association of periOperative Registered Nurses).