Bayhealth Maternal Fetal Medicine Associates (Perinatology)
About Bayhealth Maternal-Fetal Medicine
Maternal-Fetal Medicine (MFM) is a subspecialty of Obstetrics and Gynecology dealing with matters that can affect the health of a mother or fetus from before conception to the postpartum period. MFM physicians are also called Perinatologists. Bayhealth Maternal Fetal Medicine Associates specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and ongoing care of expectant mothers and their unborn babies. Our staff works with your physician to develop a plan of care to address your individual needs and particular medical history.
We offer pre-conception counseling and counseling during pregnancy for specific maternal-fetal concerns. Your physician may refer you to us for indications including maternal diseases such as diabetes or hypertension, a history of a pregnancy loss or pre-term delivery, advanced maternal age, a multiple pregnancy, known or suspected birth defects, follow-up of screening test results, or fetal growth issues.
Bayhealth Maternal-Fetal Medicine Associates offers a wide range of comprehensive services for women with high-risk and low-risk pregnancies. These include diagnostic testing, genetic counseling, targeted ultrasounds, first trimester screening, basic ultrasounds, antenatal testing, and high-risk pregnancy consultations.
- Prenatal Diagnosis and Genetic Counseling - A Board Certified Genetic Counselor provides risk assessment and explanation of potential testing options and treatments to our patients when indicated.
- Ultrasonography - Specialized ultrasound technologies and certified ultrasonographers provide state-of-the-art imaging for pregnancy. Diagnostic ultrasound machines use sound waves to provide information about pregnancy. Various types of ultrasound are offered including first trimester, cervical assessment, targeted, and procedural guidance.
- Antepartum Fetal Surveillance - Biophysical profiles are performed to assess the well-being of the fetus.
- Pre-Conception Counseling - Many parents wish to assess risks prior to becoming pregnant. We can provide this type of assessment upon request.
- Consultation with a Perinatologist - A Perinatologist is available to provide consultation with you and your physician regarding your pregnancy.
- Consultation with other Specialists - When indicated, Maternal-Fetal Medicine Associates will arrange consultations with other specialists who may become involved with your care or that of your newborn.
About Our Physician
- Board-certified in obstetrics and gynecology
- Board-certified in maternal-fetal medicine
- Medical degree from the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, New Jersey Medical School
- Internship and residency at Monmouth Medical Center in Long Branch, N.J.
- Fellowship in maternal-fetal medicine at Pennsylvania Hospital in Philadelphia, Pa.
For more information or to schedule an appointment:
Bayhealth Maternal Fetal Medicine, Dover
640 S. State Street
Dover, DE 19901
Phone: (302) 744-6220
Fax: (302) 744-6002
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Please print, fill out and bring with you on your first appointment.