Need a doctor?
Bringing on More Healthcare Providers for You
Tuesday, August 27, 2019 |
Bayhealth continues to make the hiring of new medical talent a high priority. Beginning several years ago, well in advance of the Bayhealth Sussex Campus opening, physician recruitment efforts were ramped up to bring even more highly-qualified providers to our area. This has allowed Bayhealth to deliver on our promise to improve healthcare access with greater numbers of primary care doctors and physicians in a variety of specialties to serve the growing population in central and southern Delaware.
Here’s an overview of our medical staff expansion from 2016 through today to better serve our communities:
- 59 practitioners have been hired for patient care across Bayhealth campuses
- 49 new physicians
- 10 new advanced practice clinicians (physician assistants and nurse practitioners)
- Among the nearly 50 doctors there’s someone to meet you and your family’s healthcare needs
- 15 provide primary care, such as family or internal medicine
- 13 are in emergency medicine
- 21 are specialists, ranging from gastroenterology to oncology
- New offerings for unique specialty care locally, including pediatric ENT and neurosurgery
To learn more about our newest medical team members and to find the right doctor for you, visit Bayhealth.org/Find-A-Doctor or call 1-866-Bay-Docs (229-3627).