#Motivated Monday Challenge
The Bayhealth Motivated Monday Challenge is a fun and engaging way to promote a healthy lifestyle. We believe starting healthy lifestyle changes shouldn’t be relegated to the month of January each year. Instead we believe Mondays give each of us a chance to start fresh and hit the reset button. This is why Bayhealth is running a year-long healthy living campaign called #Motivated.
All of us are working on improving some part of our health. We may be drinking more water, exercising more or getting our stress under control. Making these changes is hard; achieving them takes time and maintaining them takes commitment. It’s not uncommon to take a few steps forward, followed by a few steps back. But that’s OK as long as you continue to work on those improvements. That’s what our #Motivated campaign is all about — focusing on the positives and being nice to ourselves. At the end of the day it’s about making progress, not being perfect.
Here's what you can expect out of #Motivated:
- Each month focuses on a different theme, such as drinking more water, exercise basics and mindfulness — everything that ties into healthy living.
- Every Monday we’ll post something new on the #Motivated web page, including tips, challenges and spotlights on staff/community members participating.
- We encourage you to participate by commenting on these posts with how you’re making progress that week/month. These comments can include simple replies, selfies of your participation or even a calendar that tracks your progress.
- At the end of the month, we’ll enter everyone who showed proof of participation via those comments and select a winner for a #Motivated giveaway.
- As we progress through each month’s challenge, we’ll update the #Motivated web page with recaps of the monthly challenge.
- At the end of the campaign in March 2020, we’ll celebrate our successes and pick a winner for the entire campaign.
Here’s our calendar through the end of the campaign:
April 2019: Dos and don’ts of walking
May 2019: Navigating new, healthy foods
June 2019: Drinking water
July 2019: Exercising basics
August 2019: Mindfulness
September 2019: Getting back into fall living
October 2019: Sleep
November 2019: Surviving the holidays
December 2019: Reducing screen times
January 2020: Surviving the long winter
February 2020: Maintaining motivation and energy
March 2020: Celebrating our successes
We hope you’ll join us on this healthy living challenge. Follow us on Facebook at Facebook.com/Bayhealth and keep an eye out for the #Motivated hashtag. We’ll also share healthy living stories on the #Motivated web page. Visit Bayhealth.org/Motivated for these stories and for reminders about campaign guidelines.