Our hospitalists understand children and parents
Your child’s visit to the hospital can be difficult and stressful. That’s why, in the Pediatrics Department at Bayhealth Hospital, Kent Campus, physicians who understand children are here around the clock. We partner with Christiana Care Health System to provide pediatricians — known as pediatric hospitalists — who specialize in the care of hospital patients from infancy to adulthood.
- Care exclusively for pediatric and newborn patients and their families, who are in the hospital.
- Oversee all medical treatment from admission to discharge, including examining your child, ordering tests and medications, and answering any questions or concerns of you or your family.
- Are on-site 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Are on-hand for urgent care cases.
- Keep an open line of communication with your child’s primary care physician, ensuring the same excellent care both in the hospital and the physician’s office.
- Coordinate care efficiently, which may result in a shorter hospital stay.
Families come first
- Parents can stay with their children while in the hospital. We encourage parents to stay for a more supportive environment.
- Our dedicated staff is able to provide a higher level of care for children that become more sick and stabilize children for transfer if a higher level of care is needed.
- Our family area can be used for play, entertainment or education to help fill the time during your child’s hospital stay.
You want what's best for your child, and so do we.
All of our Pediatric Department nurses are Certified Pediatric Nurses by the Pediatric Nursing Certification Board, which means they are trained in the unique and changing physical and psychosocial needs of children during an illness.
Physicians and nurses are trained in pediatric life-support techniques.
Our staff uses a patient- and family-centered approach to care for children, always taking into account the child’s age and developmental level.
Bayhealth is committed to providing excellent patient care. With our Pediatric Department and pediatric hospitalists we provide progressive care in a way that is comfortable and reassuring to both parent and child.