What should I bring to Inpatient Rehab?
You’re going to be active while you’re here at Inpatient Rehab! We recommend that you use the list below to prepare for your stay.
- Loose, comfortable pants (three or more)
- Shirts or blouses (three or more)
- Nightclothes and robe
- Sweater or sweatshirt
- Supportive shoes or sneakers
- Personal grooming items (hairbrush, toothbrush, etc.)
- Plants, pictures, or hobby items (books, sewing, etc.)
- Complementary Wi-Fi service is available throughout the facility and we encourage you to bring your laptop or tablet. Also, patients and families are welcome to use computer services in our lounge area.
Patients and care partners are responsible for doing your laundry. A washer and dryer are available on the unit.
What can I expect at Inpatient Rehab?
As soon as you arrive, a nurse or therapist on your care team will give you a tour and introduce you to the staff on the unit. You and your care partner will then have the chance to express what you need, expect and prefer.
- You’ll be asked to participate in therapy sessions a minimum of three hours per day, five days per week. These therapy sessions are scheduled between 7 a.m. and 4 p.m. with appropriate rest breaks and meal breaks.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner are all served in the dining room.
- Our concierge dietary team will personally assist you to plan your daily meals.
- Care Partners are encouraged to participate in your rehab experience.
Care Partners and Visitors
Your care partners play a key role in your rehab experience. We provide formalized training for your care partners to ensure you’ll have the best support at home. They are welcome to observe and participate in therapy sessions. Also, they can join you during all meals.
Your leashed and/or crated pet is permitted to visit within a designated area at the Inpatient Rehab. During your pet’s visit, you are responsible for cleaning up after your pet.
We love to see patients receive notes of encouragement! They may address mail directly to you and send to:
Bayhealth Hospital, Sussex Campus
100 Wellness Way
Milford, DE 19963