People rarely use “patient” as the primary term to define their identity. That’s why their care should be provided in a holistic way to address their full range of needs, preferences and experiences, and why, at Bayhealth, we focus on treating individuals as more than a sum of their body parts and medical conditions.
Some examples and specific areas where Bayhealth excels in delivering person-centered care include:
- Patient-directed visitation
- Opportunities for patient and family input through patient partners
- Community access to health and wellness programs
- Family involvement in care through the Care Partner Program
- Sensitivity around the cultural norms and preferences of patients