Bayhealth depends on, and values, the contributions of our many volunteers who devote their time and talents to help out in our hospitals, and exemplify the mission, vision and values of Bayhealth. Our goal is to make the volunteer experience beneficial for both you and the hospital.
We take great care to match a volunteer's interest and skills to specific assignments keeping in mind the greatest needs of the organization and how we can best support the patient experience. Volunteers do not shadow, observe or provide clinical services (intern/externship), or participate in research positions. Browse our complete list of volunteer opportunities.
Ideal volunteers are:
- Communicative (must be proficient in the English language)
- Committed (to at least six months or 100 hours of service)
- Able to work at least one shift per week (3-4 hours per shift)
- At least 18 years of age
- For the safety of our patients all volunteers must be COVID vaccinated and receive a flu shot during flu season.
If you are seeking employment, wait until after you are established in your new position to apply. If you are volunteering for any type of compensation (EBT, Job Training) visit Volunteer.Delaware.gov for opportunities that would fit your needs.
Follow the instructions below completely, to begin your onboarding process. Applicants must complete the following requirements to move forward in the onboarding process:
- Background Check Forms
- Fill out the appropriate application form. (Applicants will create an account and log into Better Impact)
Once you apply, upload you driver’s license into Better Impact.
Complete training modules listed under My Profile in Better Impact.
Please allow a week for us to run your background checks and get them back.
- Occupational Health
• Once your background checks are done, we will contact you to make an Occupational health visit for a blood draw.
- Discuss volunteering opportunities and start!
• Based on the availability and interests you selected on your application, we will assign you a position and day/time each week.
• You will receive the position description via email and we will cc your department contact on this email to set up a start day.
• The first day you will have your badge photo taken and select a volunteer polo or vest to wear during your shift.
• Please note, there is a $20.00 non-refundable fee for the purchase of a volunteer vest.
If you have any questions throughout the process, please contact us at: VolunteerServices@bayhealth.org