Bayhealth depends on, and values, the contributions of our many volunteers who devote their time and talents to help out in our hospitals, and exemplify the mission, vision and values of Bayhealth. Our goal is to make the volunteer experience beneficial for both you and the hospital.
We take great care to match a volunteer's interest and skills to specific assignments keeping in mind the greatest needs of the organization and how we can best support the patient experience. Volunteers do not shadow, observe or provide clinical services (intern/externship), or participate in research positions. Browse our complete list of volunteer opportunities.
Ideal volunteers are:
- Communicative (must be proficient in the English language)
- Committed (to at least six months or 100 hours of service)
- Able to work at least one shift per week (3-4 hours per shift)
- At least 18 years of age
With that in mind, if you have recently experienced the death of someone close to you, we ask that you wait 6 months to apply. If you are seeking employment, wait until after you are established in your new position to apply. If you are volunteering for any type of compensation (EBT, Job Training) visit VolunteerDelaware.org for opportunities that would fit your needs. For the safety of our patients, we ask all new volunteers receive a flu shot during flu season.
Benefits to volunteering at Bayhealth:
- Meal vouchers for those volunteering four or more hours in a day
- Annual recognition event
- Annual holiday meal in the cafeteria
- Discounted movie tickets purchased through the gift shop
- Discount at the gift shop
- Complimentary flu shots
- Bayhealth retail pharmacy privileges
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Bayhealth! Our volunteers are a diverse group that includes senior citizens, students, retirees, homemakers, and young professionals who contribute more than 50,000 hours each year to Bayhealth. No medical experience is necessary for any of our volunteer positions. Make a difference in your community and apply today.