Bayhealth depends on, and values, the contributions of our many volunteers who devote their time and talents to help out in our hospitals, and exemplify the mission, vision and values of Bayhealth. Our goal is to make the volunteer experience beneficial for both you and the hospital.
We take great care to match a volunteer's interest and skills to specific assignments keeping in mind the greatest needs of the organization and how we can best support the patient experience. Volunteers do not shadow, observe or provide clinical services (intern/externship), or participate in research positions. Browse our complete list of volunteer opportunities.
Ideal volunteers are:
- Communicative (must be proficient in the English language)
- Committed (to at least six months or 100 hours of service)
- Able to work at least one shift per week (3-4 hours per shift)
- At least 18 years of age
- For the safety of our patients all volunteers must be COVID vaccinated and receive a flu shot during flu season.
If you are seeking employment, wait until after you are established in your new position to apply. If you are volunteering for any type of compensation (EBT, Job Training) visit Volunteer.Delaware.gov for opportunities that would fit your needs.
Follow the instructions below completely, to begin your onboarding process. Applicants must complete the following requirements to move forward in the onboarding process:
- Please choose from the applications, based on your interest and location. (Applicants will create an account and log into Better Impact)
- Through the Better Impact program, please upload driver’s license.
Adult Application - Kent Campus
Adult Application - Sussex Campus
Student Application - Kent Campus
Student Application - Sussex Campus
Pet Therapy Application - Kent Campus
Pet Therapy Application - Sussex Campus
Chaplain Application - Kent Campus
Chaplain Application - Sussex Campus
- Click here to log in to your Better Impact account.
- Complete training modules listed under My Profile-Training in Better Impact.
Background Check Forms
- Please allow a week for the follow up on the background forms.
- After you complete training, staff will contact you to discuss volunteer opportunities based on the interest and availability you selected on your application.
- We will set up your Occupational Health appointment at this time.
- Once your background checks are done, we will contact you to make an Occupational health visit for a blood draw.
Time to start volunteering!
- Via email, we will send you a position description and work with the department to schedule a training date and time.
- The first day you will have your badge photo taken and select a volunteer polo or vest to wear during your shift.
• Please note, there is a $20.00 non-refundable fee for the purchase of a volunteer vest or polo.
*Please save your Better Impact password, you will need it for annual training.
If you have any questions throughout the process, please contact us at: VolunteerServices@bayhealth.org