Estimate the Cost of Your Care
Use our price estimate tool to calculate healthcare costs.
Obtaining a Confidential Price Estimate for a Medical Service or Procedure at BayhealthIf you would like a price estimate, please contact our Price Estimate Team by email at Price_Estimates@Bayhealth.org or phone at 302-310-8001.
In order for us to provide an accurate estimate, please have the following information available:
- Your insurance information (Please take directly from your insurance card):
- Name of Insurance
- ID number
- Group number
- Patient date of birth
- Is the insurance through you or another family member? If it is not you, provide the name of the policy holder.
- If you have a secondary/Medicare supplement insurance, please provide the above information for that policy, too.
- Tell us if you have been to Bayhealth before.
- If you’re having surgery, provide the name of your surgeon.
- Provide procedure code(s) (CPT)
- Provide diagnosis code (DX)
- If you have Medicare, please provide where you will be having the service.
- A telephone number to contact you regarding the estimate.
If you need to understand the procedure code or the diagnosis code, please contact your doctor.
Estimates cannot be provided without the above information. Missing information will delay our ability to provide you with the requested estimate.
Estimates are based on the information provided. Many factors can influence your final cost. For example, your doctor may need to perform additional services or procedures at the time of visit. Other factors influencing your final cost are tied to where your claim falls within your deductible and out-of-pocket expenses as determined by your insurance company when they process your claim. Contact your insurance company to understand your total out-of-pocket expenses as related to the requested service.
Please note THIS IS AN ESTIMATE ONLY and in no way should be considered the only source of information for calculating your final cost of care. It is recommended you contact your insurance company to make sure the requested service is a covered benefit.
Depending on the procedure performed, you may receive separate doctor’s bills. Please visit the Billing page for additional information.
Bayhealth Hospital, Kent Campus
Bayhealth Hospital, Sussex Campus
For more information on healthcare prices, please download:
Understanding Healthcare Prices: A Consumer Guide
Comprensión de los precios de la salud: una guía del usuario
Avoiding Surprises in Your Medical Bills: A Guide for Consumers
Cómo evitar sorpresas en sus facturas médicas: Una guía para los consumidores