(Effective June 4, 2021)
The health and safety of our patients, families, employees, and physicians are a top priority for Bayhealth. Our visitation policies have been established to balance preventing the spread of COVID-19 with the individualized needs of our patients. As such, we have implemented visitation guidelines at our various locations.
Please note, all care partners will be screened upon entry to our facilities and are always required to follow all infection prevention measures including wearing a mask. Care partners must be 18 year or older unless they are the parent or guardian of a patient.
Bayhealth Hospital, Kent Campus and Bayhealth Hospital, Sussex Campus
- One care partner is permitted for hospitalized patients
- Name of care partner MUST be documented in electronic medical record
- Care partners must stay the same for 72 hours
- Visiting hours will be 24/7
Bayhealth Emergency Departments (Bayhealth Hospital, Kent Campus; Bayhealth Hospital, Sussex Campus; and Bayhealth Emergency Center, Smyrna)
- One care partner permitted
- Must be same care partner throughout Bayhealth Emergency Department visit
Bayhealth Outpatient Centers and Bayhealth Medical Group Offices
- One care partner is permitted
All requests for accommodations can be submitted through our Patient Advocacy team. The Patient Advocacy team can be reached via email at Patient_ Advocacy@Bayhealth.org or by phone at 302-744-7085.