Need a doctor?
New Feature for MyChart
Monday, January 17, 2022 | Expanded Services
As it becomes more common to present COVID-19 vaccination records to employers, or to enter certain facilities, Bayhealth has added a new feature to its MyChart online portal to aid our community members. Patients now have the ability to access their COVID-19 vaccination status, along with test results, in MyChart by simply showing a QR code to be scanned. This feature is especially useful in travel and work environments.
Below are a few key features and things to note regarding this new update.
- In order for patients to access their COVID-19 vaccination status or test results, they must first go to Bayhealth.org/MyChart to create an account. Once an account is created, the MyChart app can be downloaded. The app is currently available to iOS and Android users.
- There is a COVID-19 status section in MyChart that includes vaccination details. If a patient did not receive their vaccine at a Bayhealth facility, there is a search function that can check state registries to find their COVID-19 vaccination site.
- COVID-19 test results will automatically upload to MyChart once processed by the ordering physician.
- While not all venues, airports and companies will be able to read the data from the QR codes, those that use a Smart Health Card Verifier will have the ability to read the digital codes.
- Vaccination information can also be exported from MyChart into a person’s Apple Health Wallet. This feature is especially nice for families as you can keep all vaccination cards electronically in one place for easy access.
Visit Bayhealth.org/MyChart-information to learn more about how Bayhealth’s MyChart tool can make keeping track of your health easy and convenient.