You’ll be guided every step of the way when you join the Bayhealth Magnet nursing team through our Inpatient Nurse Residency Program.
Our year-long Inpatient Nurse Residency Program is accredited with distinction by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) Practice Transition Accreditation Program (PTAP) and is designed to help you transition from nursing school to independent practice in the acute care setting.
If you have less than 12 months of acute care experience, this program is for you.
- You can apply through our main job board to any adult inpatient unit with a position titled “Patient Care RN – Nurse Residency” or "Patient Care RN"
- Enrollment is on a rolling basis to ensure you get started and are trained in a timely manner
- Consists of one-on-one unit orientation with an RN preceptor, monthly classes and a mentorship program
- Class topics include resiliency, de-escalation, vascular access, crucial conversations, time management and more
- You will get hands-on training in our brand new, state-of-the art PCOM Simulation Center
- You will meet frequently with the unit-based nursing professional development practitioner and residency coordinators to ensure your individualized goals and objectives are on track
- You will graduate after the first seven months by presenting an evidence-based practice project and completing simulation requirements
- The mentorship program with the unit-based nursing professional development practitioners will continue for the remainder of your first year
Patient Care Tracks
The following units are part of our Inpatient Nurse Residency Program. If you’re a nurse with less than 12 months of acute care experience and are hired onto one of these units, you will be enrolled in the program.
Bayhealth Hospital, Kent Campus
Bayhealth Hospital, Sussex Campus