Bayhealth rehabilitation experts are specially trained in the evaluation and treatment of issues with the vestibular system, including the parts of the inner ear and brain that affect balance and eye movement.
There are many causes and symptoms associated with vestibular dysfunction. Symptoms may include dizziness, sense of spinning, double vision, loss of balance and frequent falls. If you suffer from any or all of the above symptoms, Bayhealth has highly skilled and qualified therapists who can help you live a fuller and safer life.
Treatment Solutions for Vestibular Issues
Many people suffer from balance or vestibular problems/dysfunction, which can be caused by numerous health problems including, but not limited to:
- Age related balance dysfunctions
- Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV)
- Cervicogenic dizziness
- Chronic dizziness
- Motion sensitivity
- Peripheral vestibular hypofunction in between episodes of Meniere’s Disease, following acoustic neuroma Resection, superior canal dehiscence surgery, or inner ear surgery
- Stroke or mini stroke
- Traumatic brain injury
- Unilateral or bilateral peripheral vestibular hypofunction
- Vertigo from cerebellar artery ischemis